The Men Who Wear Many Hats are an independent game development studio out of Chicago. We’re known for our million copy selling retro zombie survival hit, Organ Trail and our ridiculous extreme manners hat stacking simulator Max Gentlemen. Now we’re working on our new “Classic Survival Horror” game Labyrinthium and looking to add someone to our team. Please read below for our available positions, as well as information on how to apply.
Position: Contract 3D Animator
We’re looking for a 3D animator to rig and animate characters for gameplay, as well as specific cinematics in our low-poly, pulp, classic survival horror game, Labyrinthium. This is a paid position. We would prefer a person local to the Chicagoland area, but are willing to consider remote work as long as frequent communication is possible.
In the creation of Labyrinthium we’re drawing heavily from PS1 era games like Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Parasite Eve, and Dino Crisis for visual, stylistic, mechanical, and story inspiration.
Expected Time Commitment: 12 months, (40 hr weeks)
Desired Start Date: As Soon As Possible
- Proficient in rigging and animation.
- Familiarity with Unity’s animation pipeline.
- Use of Maya preferred, but not necessary.
- Interest in animating humanoid characters, as well as creatures with unnatural or creepy movements.
- Able to receive and give constructive feedback.
- Skilled in communicating with people of various disciplines.
- Curious, self-aware, and intrinsically motivated.
- Have to be in office or available online 12 PM CST to 5 PM CST on weekdays.
Nice to have
- Familiarity and/or fondness of games like Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Parasite Eve, and Dino Crisis.
- Knowledge of version control and Perforce.
Required Application Materials
- Link to Animation Reel and/or Portfolio
Please send all applications and required materials to email@example.com .